Friday, October 17, 2008

Crazy life

Yeah, I know, my past posts have been pretty somber, and not fun to read. I think we all go through 'down' times, and that was just my way of getting through it.

Not that any of you care, but things around here are getting exciting. BUT....I can't go into it right now as I don't want to jinx it. But lets just say that the DH and I are turnaing over a new leaf. We have opened up with each other way more, accepted things that we weren't sure about, and both of us just decided that we aren't perfect and thats ok. We have spent the last 7 years not communicating very well, and assuming things....we've also just been 'existing' in our marriage. That has all changed. Communication and acceptance are the key, and we are both the better for it. We are more relaxed around each other, more able to be ourselves with no fear of being teased, ridiculed, laughed at, or thought of as anything but perfect. Its like a huge weight being lifted off of not only each of us personally, but suddenly our marriage is somehow more 'free'.

Yeah, some of you are saying WTF?? but I don't care. My priority is my marriage, and the fun times to come. So stay tuned, as I will be leaking information in small bits throughout the near future! :)

1 comment:

Jayne said...

I've missed so much! I've been hitched for 32yrs to the same man hon & it took me forever to actually learn how to really communicate with him, but hell, it really is worth it. I can talk to him about absolutely anything. He can be a pain in the arse, but more than anything, he's my best friend & my partner in life.
Hope things are looking up for you both hon *hugs*