Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Seven Year Anniversary

Can you believe it? We've made it 7 years! LOL...I know, I know, for some of you that is nothing, and I really envy you! We had a great weekend...DH kept me in the dark as to where we were going, but it was a wonderful suprise!

He took me to Lake of the Ozarks! We went on Sat (4 hour drive, ugh) and got there around noon. Spent the rest of the day at the awsome outlet mall. No, I didn't buy a ton of stuff, but it was really fun trying on clothes, wondering around with no time line, and just enjoying the day.

We then went to the resort hotel...WOW!! I tell ya, if you have the money to own a condo on this resort, you would never have to leave the grounds! Gym, pool, golf course, 5 restaurants, gift shops, and other types of recreation. When we went for supper, they took us there on a golf cart, lol...and then picked us up in one! The driver told us "If you want us to drive you around the grounds all night, we'll do it." WOW, lol....must be nice to live like that all the time, lol.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I found a really nice candle, had a great breakfast buffet on Sun morning, got some costume jewelry for my dresses, and a couple of purses. We also found some clothes for our nephew really cheap from Gap, and I found some shirts, as well. Then on the way home, we stopped at a place called "Nostalgia Ville, USA". Now, anyone who knows me, knows I LOVE the movie GREASE. It is one of my all time favorite movies, and stopping at this store got me a Pink Ladies jacket, as well as a shirt with the same writing. Its an awsome store, and it gave me some really great sewing ideas! I tried to convice the DH that for Halloween we could go as Danny and Sandy from the movie...he actually liked the idea!!! woohoo! (gotta get to making that poodle skirt!)

Over all, it was a wonderful time...OH! I almost forgot....On Monday, after my Dr. appointment, I had told the DH that I wanted to go to a corn maze...he picked I think one of the biggest ones in the area! For those of you that have never heard of such a thing, its basically a human maze cut in a corn field. Folks around here take great pride in their mazes, and this was no exception. This particular one covered a 10 acre spot, and when you looked at it from the air, it said "Harvest Memories" and had a tractor pulling a hay rack loaded with pumpkins from a barn with sylos. All of it was connected and you were given a map to help you. The girl told us it would take 45 min to an hour...we did it in 30 min! hehe, we had a blast! Then we got some pepper jelly and a small decatiave sleigh at the gift shop. On the way home we stopped and had supper at our favorite mexican food place, and then stopped at the BIL's to visit. Whew!! The weather was great, and I was glad we got to do so much. Tuesday, when I took the DH back to work, it rained ALL DAY. ugh. I went to the dentist, and ended up on the couch for the rest of the day.

Today is back to the grind....finish processing apples, which will probably take all day, and after that, if I have time I need to process the pork and beef. THAT takes a long time in the pressure cooker...90 minutes!! Not sure I'll have enough jars for that, but if not, I'm not terribly upset, lol.

No comments: