Saturday, May 16, 2009

The French Quarter, New Orleans, Louisiana





Toured around a bit today....it rained a bit, but I tell ya, that doesn't stop a single thing in New Orleans! LOL




If any of you have read The Vampire Chronicles by Ann Rice, or her Mayfair Witches novels, then you KNOW how much fun I had in the French Quarter!  I could finally see what she was writing about....the architecture, the streets, the people (even though they were modern and not from the 18th century, lol)  My imagination ran wild, thinking of her books.  I was also enthralled with the history, and plan on visiting more (playing tourist, of course).  So hopefully the pics I'm about to post will show up correctly!

I swear, one day I will get this shit figured out....some days I hate putting pics on here when I can't move them around llike I want!  I'll post more pics later, lol




2 comments:

Jayne said...

New Orleans is one of 2 places that Hubby is INSISTING on going to, when we eventually get to do the tour in a coupla years time - the other place is Utah! In general tho J, is the city finally picking up the pieces after Katrina?
The hair's looking good girl - yours is getting longer & mine's getting shorter!

HD Chic said...

New Orleans should be one of 3 places you visit,...the 3rd being MY HOUSE!!! LMAO

Yes, in general they have recovered nicely. Businesses are open, streets are clean, etc. Other than the water lines on some of the buildings, or the suburbs still in a bit of disarray, the place has bounced back nicely!