Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Getting rid of drama

For 30 years (or more) I have put up with more shit than I care to think about from my immediate family. Between my mother setting me up for beatings from my father, to the mental abuse she loved to impart on me, to the backstabbing from both her and my sister. It wasn't until about 5 years ago when I called them out on it, and just the past year or 2 that I decided enough was enough.

At the beginning of 09 I washed my hands of the woman who gave birth to me (aforementioned as 'mother'), and as of today, I have washed my hands of my sister. Many people ask "What about your dad? He kicked your as daily!" Yes, he did. But guess what.....he admits it. He acknowledges it and I know somewhere deep down he regrets it. The other 2? HA!! Not a chance. They will not admit to stealing from my grandmother, or from me. They will not admit to backstabbing me, or lieing to me. If you ask them, they have done nothing wrong and that I'm the psycho liar.

I won't bore you with the details. We've been down that road. Today I washed my hands, my life, of her and her ex husband, and her boyfriend. I am done with them all. I speak on a regular basis with my father, although I don't trust him enough to tell him anything of importance. There are 3 people I trust with my life, and thats it. None of them are related to me by blood. Sad, isn't it?

Point being, the drama from them is over. I feel, as I did with the bitch, that a weight has been lifted. I feel sorry for my niece, but by her attitude when talking to me, I can only imagine the atrocities my sister has told her about me. Its really too bad. However, from now on, I have a father....nobody else except The Handler, the hubs, and my high school girlfriend. Thats it for me.

On a happier note, hope everyone has a great season, and here's one for the New Year!!!

No comments: