Tuesday, January 19, 2010

2012?

There has been so much hype about 2012....

"end of the World!"

"enviromental catastrophy!"

"Apocolypse!"

So what will happen? No idea. The ancient astronomers say it will be a solar flare of sorts. What will that do? No idea, I haven't researched it enough. What do I think? I think I need to be prepared for anything.

I've had many thoughts and discussions about being more self sufficient. I've also had discussions with The Handler as to our plans should any major catastrophy occur. We've had those plans in place for many, many years. So what about the NOW? What if its not something like you see in the movies? What if its just a financial/economical collapse? How will I be prepared?

My first and foremost want is to be completely self reliant. If the electricity goes out, I won't be affected. If the water gets shut off, I won't be affected. If the grocery stores get looted bare, I won't be affected. I want to be growing my own food, producing my own power, and not relying on Big Brother. So what does this mean?

It means every chance I get, when I'm home, I'll be working on preparations. Digging the well, building the windmill or solar panels, getting animal pens ready, etc. Am I in a panic? Nope. I just believe in being well prepared. Plus, this just expedites my plans for being SS and quiting this job. Its not that I don't like it, I just want to do things for myself. I want to be home digging in the dirt, and cleaning up after my animals.

One day shit will hit the fan, and this country, or even the world, will collapse. I'll be ready.

1 comment:

The Handler said...

I wish I lived closer so I could help.