Monday, February 1, 2010

2012....Part 2

Ok, so I'm not in a panic by any means. Heck, anyone that knows me knows that I like to be prepared.

I've been running various scenarios through my head, "what if's", to make sure I've got what I need. I'm not hoarding things, nor am I really "stocking up"....not yet at least.

I look at it this way......I've been given the opportunity to travel the country for a living. This gives me access to many things I wouldn't normally have were I staying at home. Thus, I am taking full advantage. I've been going to military swap meets (the last one landing me the 'motherload' of stuff), surplus stores, flea markets, etc. I'm gathering all of this stuff in order not only to be prepared shout Shit Hit The Fan (SHTF), but if it doesn't, I'm fully prepared by Jan 2012 to be self sufficient. My dream of living off of what I produce and not the government will finally be a reality. So there it is......whether it does or doesn't, I'm prepared.

As we all know I've been wanting to live off grid, be SS, and basically tell society to fuck off. I'm using this job to do that. Getting all my ducks in a row is a lot easier when you have a steady income, and the opportunities to find what you need. I've made project lists, inventory lists, and am currently amassing as many books as I can on being not only self sufficient (SS) but also living off grid, or, in a worst case scenario, should SHTF in a major catastrophe sort of way, I can survive. I'll know how to live off of the wilds of the land until I get my feet back under me. Hunting, trapping, gathering, shelter building, etc. Again, not saying it will happen, but if there is one thing I've learned.....the more skills you have, the better you are.


No comments: