Friday, November 26, 2010

WOW!

That term applies to a couple of things.....

One is that I'm able to type this today. In days past I haven't been able to get on Blogger due to my connection. But today the internet gods have granted me permission to type.

The second is that I saw the movie Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. WOW!

So, now that I can type...what to discuss??? Well, I managed to get pretty much everything unpacked. Everything that needed to be anyway. The rest got hauled upstairs to the "attic converted to 2 bedrooms now storage area". One room has things we either don't need or will use later, the other has empty boxes. Not knowing what will happen in the coming months, I want to save all the boxes. They were hard to come by, and I'll be damned if I'm going to burn them all. I saved the newspaper too!!

Things around here are pretty mundane. DH pumped out all the sprinklers, the equipment is winterized and put away, and all he's been doing is hauling hay. Thats fine, gives me time here alone to get shit done. He just gets in my way most of the time.

Next week, sometime, his folks are coming to Colorado to visit. They won't be here at the farm long, maybe an afternoon, but they have relatives up north in Denver that they're staying with. I'm hoping the predicted snow storm will keep them up there. I don't need them down here rediculing every thing. His mom hates the dog, and her sole purpose is to nose around so she can talk about it to everyone back in Illinois. Drives me crazy.

In other news, yesterday was Thanksgiving, and DH took me to Taos, NM for lunch and a movie. I have seen all of the Harry Potter movies, and this one was by far the best. I cried! There was so much unsaid emotion, it really was a great movie. It was 2 1/2 hours of great dialog and effects. It went so fast that I didn't even realize that it was over until the credits started rolling. I highly recommend this movie!!

I've also come to a sort of odd decision. I had thought that when Ben passes that we would get something only slightly smaller, like a GSD, but these last few weeks has had me thinking something even smaller. I didn't like the JRT we had, but he also had a lot of competition. I was alos thinking maybe a miniature Schnauzer, but I don't want to do haircuts, lol. So today I'll be looking through my breed encyclopedia and getting an idea of what would we best for us.

Not sure if I mentioned the cats in my last entry. Either way, I now have 3 of them on my enclosed back porch. Two kittens and mama cat. The mom is friendly enough, although I don't think she'll ever accept the fact that Ben will leave her alone, so she gets all pissy when he walks by to go outside. There is one kitten, Tangerine, who is the friendliest. I've brought her inside to sit with me on a couple of ocasions. Her sister, Trouble, is just too flighty to mess with. She wants nothing to do with anyone. On a rare day I can manage to snatch her up to pet her, but its certainly not often enough. I brought them in simply because I don't think the kittens would survive the temps over the winter. Hell, its 4* below 0F today!

Anyway, thats all I have for today.....maybe tomorrow I'll be able to do this again!

No comments: