Thursday, March 27, 2008

First Ride of the Season

WOOHOO!! I FINALLY got to ride the bike yesterday!! Let me go back a few days and explain.

Obviously, with Easter dinner being held here, that meant the bike had to be moved out to the garage. No problem. I told the DH, take off the trickle charger, and put it all back together in case the weather cooperates and I can ride. His response? "The tags are expired, you need to get that done before you ride"....DUH.

Now, DMV is closed on Mondays. So I had to go to Carthage anyway, and I decided to go on Tuesday. But what would be my luck? The system was down, and no, you cannot get your sticker today! DAMMIT!! So I grudgingly came home, enjoying the sunshine and 62 degree F weather. Well, being the rebel that I am (although not as much as I used to be) I took the bike out anyway. I couldn't let the afternoon completely go to waste!! Where did I ride? Not far...hell, I was in my Carhart coat, and slip on shoes...lol. But I RODE and it was awsome!

So then comes Wednesday. I thought "Screw it, I'm riding to Carthage to get the sticker".....Of course, the DH wasn't thrilled..."Your not legal"...pffftt...I know the backroads, and I've got the registration papers on me, don't care!! MUST RIDE

And ride I did. Ok, so it was only 50 out (I'm being generous). I put on the chaps, sweatshirt, heavy coat, and boots/gloves. The sun was shining, no wind, gorgeous day!! I rode the 15 miles to the DMV, awsome, got the sticker, even better, and buzzed around town for a few. Went and fueled up and came home...HOLY CRAP IT WAS FREAKIN GREAT!!!

But, do you think the weather will cooperate for the rest of the week??? NOPE. Do I care? NOPE....I got to ride yesterday, and it was perfect!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet!!! I wish I could have ridden with you. Someone was just shoing me the pic of their new VRSCDX they picked up on Saturday before Easter... Yes, I HATE them!
Glad you got your stickers... you rebel!!!

Jayne said...

WOW!! I'm soooooo happy for you being able to ride again! We went out just after 8pm last night & the temp was around 75F, which was perfect. I've had new pipes put on my 'Glide (Bassani's) & new PC, so she's riding & sounding like a surweeet dream!

HD Chic said...

Jade...well, with your new career path, you'll have plenty of opportunity to get the proper skills and great bike, and we can have some great rides when the time comes!!

Jayne....ooooo, new "stuff" for the 'Glide...awsome!! I wish I could somehow record my bike and make it my ringtone, or put it as a sound bite on the computer...you'll have to do a video for YouTube and Blog it!!
I can't wait until it gets to 75 here, I'm jealous! *paces around telling herself to just be patient!*