Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Long Weekend

Well, another weekend, and another holiday down. What started out as having Easter dinner at my MIL's house (as usual) ended up being Easter dinner at MY house. My MIL landed her butt in the hospital due to fluxuating blood pressure, so my SIL and I decided we would take over the project. And, since I have the bigger house of all the kids (a curse, as you can see) it was decided that we have it here. This would aleviate my MIL from any stress or strain. So, 20+ people (5 children between the ages of 3 and 7, not to mention one infant) all in my house. Four dishes measuring 9x13, a crock pot, and numerous other dishes filled my kitchen counters and table. The table had 4 leaves in it, extending it to over 8ft long. Plus another buffet table measureing the same length in the back room, and a card table in the front room. Everyone started arriving around 1130, with dinner starting at 1230. I finally got everyone out by 1800, only (I think) because the DH had to leave for an 8 hour run north. I was lucky enough to have the dishes done, food put away, and DH out the door by 1930. Talk about exhausted!!

I guess I should also mention that we spent all day on Saturday in Quincy at a basketball tournament for our 7 year old nephew. We got there at 0900, with the first game starting at 0920. It was 3 on 3, and the tourny was for kids of all ages, starting with 6 year olds! Anyway, each game was 15 min, with either one or 2 hours in between. So the DH and I were able to leave and get the necessities for Sunday. We didn't get home til 1800, and still had to get things set up around here. We were in bed by 2200, which was fine, and then up on Sunday at 0630.

Whew!!

I spent yesterday (monday) finishing the cleaning...vacuuming up little candies, putting the tables and chairs back to normal, and fixing the furniture back. So all is right in my world now...thank goodness!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You loved every second of that family time and I know it!! I should have come down...