Thursday, September 24, 2009

Hours of Operation

So, how many of you still try to open the door at the doctor's office when you KNOW they close at 5? How many of you expect the man at the grocery store to open the door for you at 10min after closing? How many of you ask the clerk at the video store "Can you stay open another 2 hours while I shop around and wait on my family to get here? I don't know when they'll show, but they will eventually." ?

I will answer that for you......NONE. Not one person does that. Nobody says "Ya know, the gas station up town closes at 8, I know its 5 minutes til, and it takes me 15 minutes to get to town, but they'll stay open for me. " Nor does anyone stay after work without pay. So, my question is....why should I stay past my stop time? If my schedule says "Stop at 1pm" then why would I take people at 1:10pm? I lock my doors at 1.....why are you mad at me? Why would you call my office to complain?

This is how it is...people don't think about my hours of operation, they only think about theirs.

2 comments:

Jayne said...

Nice little rant there hon & I fully agree with you :-)
What pisses on my battery tho' is when shops put a security guard on the door at least 10mins before closing time & shoppers are not allowed in......

HD Chic said...

thats just rude...but it makes you wonder, what occurred that made them start doing that? Prolly the idiots that think I should stay open, too! LOL Hope your getting settled in! xoxo