Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Things are just freakin weird around here anymore. Life is always feast or famine it seems, but what is up with people??? Why can't I just connect with NORMAL people? Instead I draw in drunks and psychos. That being said, lets get down to the facts....

The girl that swapped horses with me can't seem to make up her mind. "Oh, you keep him, I want you to be happy...." then the next day "I want him back...." and on and on. She got pissed because my FIL decided I couldn't use his truck and trailer. I have no control over my FIL, and if he chooses to change his mind (that is a whole other story) then I can't help that. So, when she first tells me "I can come get him no problem." (she wanted the horse in her son's senior pictures, wanted me to bring him to her)then gets pissed when I tell her I can't bring him and she refuses to come get him, then I get confused and frustrated. She's also pissed because I didn't crawl up her ass and hound her about the whole thing. Not my job. She's older than me but a severe alcoholic. She can't have a straight thought to save her. Anyway, I get a text message late last night saying she's sold Royalty, will bring me the money, and pick up her horse today. Um, ok, what the hell??? What brought this on? Because I wouldn't cater to your needs?? Because I can't go where you want me to at the drop of a hat??? Screw that.

The other issue is a woman I met through the attempted sale of Royalty a month or so ago. This girl is an animal control officer in Chicago, but has a farm with her boyfriend about an hour south of me. She rescues everything, and also has mules that she rides. She wanted me to come down last Sunday and ride her mules with her. Well, it came down to basically I didn't want to go, so I made some bullshit excuse and apologized for the fact that I couldn't make it. Haven't heard a word from her since. Oh well. I don't need that shit either.

On the lighter side, I met some people who have Belgian draft horses. They are really nice, and the father (an 81 year old farmer who's seen it all and done it all I do believe)really seems to like me. He had me ride one of the horses in a parade, and also had his son show me how do drive them with a plow. I had a blast!! It surely was a dream come true for me....just being around them was awesome. I was a little kid living out something I've wanted to do my whole life. The old man kept wishing out loud that I live closer. Saying if I did he'd give me a team to "play" with and learn with. I almost shed a tear! When we were leaving he hugged me, telling me to call him or come over to his farm any time I wanted. I'll see them again at the end of the month, I can't wait!

No comments: