Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bad Day

I would ask if this day could have gotten any worse, and I know my own answer would be YES. However, in the moment, and even the residual effects are still shitty.

I made the first mistake of telling my neighbor about wanting to fix up my FIL's old horse trailer. He in turn took it upon himself to tell my BIL who "approved" it. WHAT? Its not even HIS to approve! But I digress, that was 2 days ago. I say this though, to illustrate the fact that I'm a slow learner.

The second mistake was posting on FB that I was going to a horse auction. Why is this a mistake? Because, by opening my big mouth AGAIN, I caused today's events. See, I traded my mare for a gelding, with the agreement that I would also pay $600 on top of that. Ok, fine. I told the girl I didn't have the money, and it would be a slow pay. She said it was no problem, pay when I could, she just wanted the gelding in a good home. Ok, fine. So here we are 2 weeks later and I post about going to the auction. Suddenly she's messaging me wanting money. I didn't say I purchased anything, I just went. Anyway, since DH and I have been living on literally nothing for the last 3 weeks, I tell her that I might be able to give her some. Then I change my mind and tell her we can trade back horses. She says "Ok", and that was it. So I ask when she is coming to get him, and her reply was "I'm coming today". Now, in talking to her at a rodeo last night she said she was going riding all day today. Then I ask her "What time will you be here?" To which she responds "Well, I won't be there til tomorrow, we're going to a fair right now"....um WHAT??? First you're going on a ride, which you begged me to go on, then you say you're coming here, then, and only when I press you, you say you're going to a fair!!! What the fuck???? Can you not make up your mind? How about making up mine??? I should not have to ask for each bit of information.

So, here's the deal....

SUPPOSEDLY she is coming tomorrow to pick up the horse. Fine. BUT, supposedly, she also has a buyer for the mare. She tells me "she can pay you next week, is that ok?" I tell her thats fine, but "is she going to mail me the payment or what?" ....."Oh, ummm, I'll check and get back to you"....again, did you NOT THINK about this when you were rambling your drunk ass around the country??? Jeez, just typing about it raises my freakin blood pressure and gives me a headache!

There is other parts to this story, like how she blew me off last night yet wanted to chat this morning wondering "what was wrong?". But really, at this point, does it matter??? I have learned 2 lessons here

1) Keep your fucking mouth shut.

2) Stop being so trusting of people. Nobody is your friend, they're all out to screw you in some form or fashion. I refuse to be an option in anyone's life. I'm not a "friend of convenience" or a "last choice".

No comments: