Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Testing this out

Ok, so through one of my best friends I found this site. I thought "what the heck" and decided to test it out. This being my first post here, I can't guarantee any continuity, or length. I've been told that blogs are a diary of sorts, which is great......however some things I believe are best kept to yourself. So I'll try to make this light, easy to read, and even with a bit of dry humor thrown in. I'm sure the posts will get better as time goes by and I get more proficient, but this first one is going to be a bit rough.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Today is the first day in almost a week that I have actually had this computer to myself.....I say that with a slight chuckle, because my husband, Greg, has been home since last Thursday. When he comes home, he sits here more than I do, mainly because he is a truck driver and he is looking for loads. I try not to complain, and it really lets me get things done around the house that I tend to neglect. With him being gone so much, I have gotten into a routine around here and used to doing things by myself. Coming and going as I please....so when he is home for more than 3 days, we tend to get in each other's way. Its not so bad during the nice weather, as we can be outside. But when the cold months roll around, when its 20 degrees out, being couped up inside is going to be tough.

We have 4 dogs..... Carlo and Elite are our Giant Schnauzers, Max our JRT, and our newest edition, Ben, our English Mastiff puppy. Carlo used to ride in the rig with the Greg, but for the last 2 months has been living here with us. It was a rough start, as Carlo has really bonded with him. He used to hate me feeding him, and would literally try to bite me when I had to food bowl in hand. However, being here with just me, he has realized that I'm not so bad. He has allowed me to slide his food bowl in his kennel without snarling and snapping. He actually wagged his tail at me when I arrived with the food! :) Yesterday and today he has been inside with me, and is doing fine. Carlo truethfully needs to be an "only child", but does ok with Elite.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Elite is our girl. We've had her for 4 years, and she has been great since day 1. Lately she has been acting a bit weird, really hyper, but over all she is great. We have been trying to get her pregnant from Carlo, but she hates him. If she even thinks he might mount her, she shuts down her ovulation. I know, it sounds impossible, but I've watched it happen twice. So, when she comes into heat this spring, we will try one more time to AI....if she doesn't take, I'm having her spayed. She will be 7 by then, and I don't want to push her past that with a litter.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Max is our JRT. He was originally purchased to ride with Greg in the rig, but after I spent the time house training him, he bonded with me and refused to behave for Greg. So here he is, with me. He was raised by Elite, so he thinks he is a GS. He isn't your typical JRT....yes, he is all terrier....stubborn, tenacious, rude, and full of himself. But he is also capable of sleeping all day. He is 3 years old, and thinks he is bigger than life.....but don't all terriers? ;)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ben, our newest edition, sort of fell into our laps. Some people we know in our motorcycle club had him and another one that is 7 years old. They weren't happy with Ben because they said he kept peeing in the house. So they kept him crated in their basement (along with the older dog) and when he would pee outside in the yard, they would yell at him. They wanted him to pee somewhere else, so he was confused. He is fully registered, coming from champion parents, as well as the rest of his lineage. They paid an enormous amount of money for him, and just gave him to us. What they failed to understand is that he is a puppy. Just because he is 100lbs, and bigger than the average adult dog, doesn't mean he automatically knows what to do. He is no smarter than the 9 month old lab puppy.....just way bigger.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So there you have it. Nothing terribly exciting, but slightly interesting. Maybe tomorrow I'll have something more profound, or at least more interesting to read, but for today, all you get is the intro. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it!! I'm so glad that I'll be able to read your blog on a daily basis!!
And I LOVE that pic of Max. It should be entered in a contest somewhere!