Saturday, September 29, 2007

Good friends

Today was another day in the country. Nothing really exciting happened, unless you count that I put together an old plastic type shed, and did the dishes.

However, I did chat with a long time awsome friend this evening. "The Handler", whom I've known since ....ooohhhh....what, 1994? (correct me if I'm wrong, man :) ) This talented individual is the only person from my USAF career that I have kept in touch with. This is mainly due to the fact that, well.....we are both possibly the best Explosive Detector Dog Handlers in the country. Not to mention the best looking.....ain't that right, man? LOL ;)

I love talking with The Handler. We don't talk often, maybe 3-5 times a year, sometimes less. But we don't need to. When we do talk on the phone, we always talk about dogs, and training. New methods, etc. Then, we spend a few minutes discussing life outside Detection Dogs. In our day, we were unbeatable, and at the moment, since I don't have a DD, The Handler still is "The Shit".

SO, it was a good conversation! Beyond that, life is moving on as usual. It was really windy today, so I opted not to mow the grass. I hate mowing the grass, and if you ask Greg, will find any excuse not to do it. Today, the excuse was high winds. Ah well...it will still be there tomorrow.

Evidently, Carlo thought it was too chilly to lay on the floor last night. So at 5 this morning, he decided to curl up in bed with me. He actually made it in without me knowing until I rolled over into him. He didn't move. But since we have a Temperpedic Mattress, I didn't feel him jump in. So we snuggled for an hour, then he decided the time had come to get up. I managed to put him off for another 30 minutes, but by then he wanted to go out.

So until tomorrow........

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You're killing me... I want to know The Handler...

And silly Carlo. I understand the "only dog" syndrome. Jazz has another woman coming to meet her. Maybe this will be her "only person".

The Handler said...

If you want to know me just think of Jen with male body parts. We do have our differances (I don't own a Harley) but at heart we are the same.

HD Chic said...

So true!! The Handler and I are too much alike....kinda spooky! Maybe that is why we've been friends for so long? :)

Unknown said...

Jen with male body parts... OK, I'm not going to go there... LOL, but I get the gist of it!