Thursday, October 11, 2007

Fall is here

Wow, is it ever! I hate the cold anyway, and when it drops below 65, I am cold. So last night, when it was 39, I thought I was going to freeze to death! I have been holding off on turning on the furnace, but did for just a bit today to knock off the chill. I knew it was chilly in the house when the dogs were curled up on the couch in tight little balls. Even during my daily "rest", Ben usually gets hot on the couch with me....not today. He was quite content to stay curled up shareing body heat. Of course, I didn't mind. Tonight its supposed to be 36...but then get warmer at night progessively throughout the week. So I'll contiue to put off the furnace. :)

My father-in-law, and brother-in-law spent the day combining corn next to my house. I don't mind that, but what I do mind is what happens as a result....mice. I know its part of living in the country. Heck, I've lived with it for over 5 years. But that doesn't mean I have to like it. So, I spent my day digging out the mouse traps. I would use poison, but the last time I did that, they crawled into my walls to die. The smell was horendous. So, no more poison. I will set out traps each night, and empty them each morning. Its just what we bumpkins do!

In other news, Greg has his first interview with DOT Foods on Monday. If he gets through that, then he'll be scheduled for a second, where he will take the drug test and driving test. He'll obviously have no problems with either one of those! So, keep your fingers crossed...he says that if he gets the job, he will quit smoking....again, keep your fingers crossed!!!

This picture is of Ben, on the watch....makes ya wonder how a 100lb, 10 month old, clumsy puppy could sit so pretty, or even get up on that table! :) Smoochy boy..

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And Ben last night...he thought he was cold then, too....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Ben is sooo Adorable!! When are you all coming to play?

LOL... I haven't turned on the furnace yet either, but, I have taken one or two dogs with me to bed everytime I have to sleep. Even Trav didn't grump when Spirit slept with us today! Guess he's cold too!

HD Chic said...

Can you imagine Ben in bed with us??? ROFL

Unknown said...

He'd be a great heat source. Topper is perfect for me, because he understands how to get under the covers. Spirit is good too, but she lays on the covers and then you get trapped! LOL