Friday, October 5, 2007

Many things

Where to start? Suddenly my life has gone from mundane, to actually having some activity :)

Let's start with Carlo...ugh. I was bitter about him biting me, but as each day goes by, it just turns in to hate. I know, that is bad to say, but its his current behavior that is just not helping. It seems that in his mind, he is "one up" on me. Even though when he bit me, I was over him, I had him in a "submissive" position, and made him do what I said (platz, foos, box {down, heel, kennel}). He has digressed immensly. I can no longer feed him, most times when I walk by his kennel he throws a fit, and in general has shown pure hatred for me. I made a sort of "prison slot" in order to feed him without going in his kennel, but he tried to eat my hand when putting the bowl in. So today I basically made a "food chute". Its a pipe system that when I poor food in, it dumps right into his bowl. He still has a fit, but at least he can't get to me. Greg doesn't want to get rid of him....although I think it will be an ongoing discussion. Logically I should, but I won't argue with Greg's heart. He does still love Carlo, and is extremely attached....and in his mind, if we can put a band-aid on the situation for the moment, then things will be OK....hhhmmm.

We finally got the hot tub going, and I'm still trying to get the pH up to where it needs to be. But maybe I'll get in it tonight....I think I need it.

I also want to say thank you to Novel and Robin for your comments on my last post. As I told Robin, I refuse to edit, or not publish the comments, because we are all entitled to our opinions, and our beliefs. Who am I to quel your comments? I am by no means offended by what they said, as the 3 of us all understand each other. We understand each other's past, our faith, and our general morals/beliefs. So it would be rude and hypocritical to either edit or not publish them. I asked the question, and will publish all answers. That is what makes us friends, and will keep us that way....the maturity to understand and accept each other.

Ok, enough mush....haha

Well, I think that's all....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the mush!! :)

I'm so sorry to hear about Carlo. I was hoping he would actually come out of the experience with more respect and submission to you, but, it seems to have gone the other way.

You're right, you can't argue with Greg's heart, but you also must protect yourself. It won't be easy, no matter what is decided, but you know I will support you in your decision.