Friday, November 30, 2007

The "goings on" around here....

Well, since I always seem to wait several days between posts, you get the wonderful priviledge of reading a really long blog...lol...lucky you.

Our Thanksgiving went well. On the actual day, we went to my sister's house and pigged out, then the following Sunday all of my In-laws came over. I spent all day Saturday prepping, then my MIL and I danced around the kitchen getting it all put together by noon. Hubby helped a bit, which was ok. Everyone had a good time, even the kids, and were all gone by 5. My kitchen was cleaned up, dishes washed, and everything put away by 6...whew! Then, on Wednesday evening, was my Pampered Chef party. For those of you who don't know what that is, Pampered Chef is a line of cooking utensils/products designed to make life in the kitchen easier. I love their products!! http://www.pamperedchef.com is where you can see what they offer.

So I finally got that over with, everyone gone by 9pm...ugh, what a week! Elite is in heat, kinda, and Carlo is outside howling almost constantly. Its driving Ben nuts! I don't k now what is worse, the howling, or smelling Elite. She isn't letting any of the boys near her, which is fine by me. I keep VERY close tabs on this crew at ALL TIMES. Don't need any mutts!!

In other news, I am in the middle of designing a site for dogs.....that's right, for dogs. Oh, and their owners can check it out, too. Hopefully, my friend Novel will agree to co-design it with me, and I will also try to get Robin in on it when her life settles down a bit. The thing is, with the cold weather here (only 28 right now...bbbrrr) I'm not much on being outside. I needed a project, and then it hit me. Why not make a site where dogs can bring their owners, get tips on training, find out where different events are and when, share pictures and stories, and get advice on issues? That is the big part of it....an advice column for dogs!! ASK BEN is the original idea that spurred this site, but as it started coming together, I thought "Why not have a place where people can look up short articles on training, food, holistic care, events, etc?" And so it began. Again, I'm still working on it, but keep checking back, because once its up and going, I'll post a link!! I also thought it would be a good idea to post about puppymills (what they are, etc), petshops, and even have a "Adoptable Pet of the Week" page. This will feature a dog in a shelter that needs a home. So many people either don't know about PetFinder, or don't know how to look for pets in their area. This will give them that oppportunity. We will also advertise rescue organizations (so if you know one or are a member of one, let me know), and cool places to get stuff for your dog!

So that's whats going on around here. Took the dogs for a walk the other day, before it got bitterly cold.
Hard to see in this one, but Elite has her head in the gutter LOL

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Then Max had to see what was going on, but he was too chicken to stick his head in:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Of course, Ben is just everywhere

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I had to laugh at this one....big dog, little dog..."Whats going on down there?"

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And finally, a tired dog, is a happy dog

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That last picture of Elite is classic!!! Adorable!