Thursday, December 27, 2007

Its over

Yes my friends, for me the stress is pretty much over. WHEW!! Only one more family event to attend on Sat, and my Christmas Holiday is done.

Last Sunday was an afternoon with my in-laws (which total about 25 or so people). We ate, exchanged gifts, and ate some more. ugh, I think I gained 10lbs that day. The day before I went and got my son, so we were having fun with the family. Anyway, then Monday my husband drove to get his son, which ended up being a wild goose chase to different stores trying to find my son some snow boots. Why his dad doesn't buy him a pair, I'll never know....those and snow pants. How can you live in the Mid-West and not own snow clothes???? Anyway, hubby found some after searching every store from Dubuque to here. He arrived just in time for supper, and after the 4 of us gorged on lasagna, we opened gifts. The boys had fun, and I was suprised by the hubby with a gift. See, we had agreed not to get anything for each other this year (of course, we do that every year) but ended up at the Harley store where he got me some new boots for riding and I got him a plaque that he was wanting. (Framed shadowbox type thing with pewter motorcycles...very nice) Well, I thought we were done. Nooooo....he brings me a new fleece pull-over from Old Navy, in red which he knows is my favorite color, AND, the new Harry Potter movie, Order of the Phoenix. He is too good!!! So after all gifts were opened, and paper cleaned up, we all settled in and watched the movie. Then of course, had to go to bed so Santa would come!!!

After our morning of the boys opening gifts from Santa, we had a big breakfast, then it was back to the in-law's house for another feast. This time it was extended family. I think there were close to 40 people there at one time. People coming and going, etc. We were there at noon, and stayed til 8pm...I was pooped! But the kids had a great time, and again, another 10lbs was gained.

The following day (26th) my sister and her family arrived. But not til almost 3. So that gave me and the boys time to go out and scope some good sledding hills. We had a blast. Just running around, playing in the snow...I really enjoy sledding. Anyway, it got up to 42 that day, so by the time my sister arrived, there wasn't much snow left, but we did get a few runs in. We ate, exchanged gifts, and they went home....in and out in 3hrs. That's the way I like it!! LOL At about 630, the boys got in the hot tub, and had fun there. They were so tired from a hard day, then the hot tub being so relaxing, they were in bed by 830. They volunteered to go to bed, which made me laugh!! By 845, hubby and I were in the tub ourselves....and by then it was snowing. HARD. After an hour we were done and in the bed. I was wiped out as well.

Today, hubby took his son back, and should be home in the next couple of hours. My son helped me take the ornaments off of the tree in the front room, but that's as far as we got on that one. We then went sledding, with the new snow getting started was hard, but boy, once a track was made, we were a couple of speed demons going down the hill!! woohoo! We had a really good time. I think we will take ornaments off of the kitchen tree, and back room tree. Then the hubby can take apart the trees and put them away. Maybe then my house will be back to normal.

Sat is our final shindig.....a cousin is getting married. The wedding is at 3pm, with the reception at 6. We won't stay long, as we have to get up early on Sun. to take my son home. We'll get home in the evening, and then I will be finished completely with the holiday season. I am so tired now....lol.

No comments: