Thursday, January 3, 2008

A new year

And so it begins. The new year is here, and already I have much to look forward to. We'll start with my New Year's Resolution.....I resolve to learn a new craft. By that I mean, I plan on learning how to quilt correctly. I want to start by learning how to do it by hand. I purchased some fabric, and do you think I am starting small??? Absolutely not! I am planning out a king sized quilt. Yep, nothing small about 8ft wide by 12ft long. I figure with the crappy cold winter days, I can get it accomplished. And, since it won't be needed til next winter, I have all summer as well....you know, days when its oppresively hot, or rainy. Plus, my best friend Novel is planning a quilt for both of us to work on....I am so excited!!! I hope I do her proud!!

Also, Novel and I are currently working on plans for dog shows. No, I don't show myself (although last year she was gracious enough to allow me to show one of her beautiful Weim bitches in the puppy class), but I love going and watching, and providing that extra set of hands. Dogs are my main passion in life, as far as interests/hobbies are concerned. A close second is my Harley. Of course, family is always a priority over everything. So anyway we are planning on 15 days chocked full of shows, and driving...LOL.

This summer I hope to get more riding in. Hubby's new job has him home almost every weekend, so we should get plenty of it in. He got rid of his bike,....he hated it...so we are going to put a sissy-seat on mine. I can ride it when he isn't here, and both ride when he's home. Personally, I think he would like it better that way. He has commented several times that when we each had our own bike, he felt like he was riding alone. :(

This spring is going to bring big change hear at the "homestead" as well. As I've said before, I'm going to try chickens, and a huge veggie garden. So as soon as the frost breaks (or before) we are going to get the fence up, and the ground tilled. I shouldh have done it before winter set in, but I'm new at this and wasn't informed of that little detail until it was too late. Oh well. I also plan on doing more flowers out front, and hope that the protection I put around my rose bushes is enough for them to survive.

So all in all it is going to be a busy year, which is great! I'm going to learn how to can all my veggies as well, and even try canning some meat....wish me luck!!

To all of you who are kind enough, and patient enough to read my blogs.....here's to a happy, prosperous, and adventure-filled new year to everyone!!

2 comments:

The Handler said...

I had some problems findmy old password but I got it so i can start giving you a hard time again. I will start with this, quote "Plus, my best friend Novel is planning..." do I have to tell you how bad my feelings are hurt? Don't worry I'm over it now.

Here is what has been going on in my world. I started training my GSD to find explosives. My partner, Rocky should retire later this year or early next year. I don't want some dog that was rushed through training. I want one that has been trained the right way and you know what they say. If you want something done right... She is getting good at finding SP. So far we have only been doing training in open areas. Hopefuly this weekend I can get her inside a building for the first time. She has a better drive and nose than Rocky. With any luck she will be great at finding bombs.

Me and Michelle are taking a cruise in Feb. to celebrate our 10 year anniversery.

We had Pergo floor but in the house. It looks sooooo much better and the whole house is cleaner. Michelle's sinuses haven't been bothering her near as much.

Michelle will be transfering to a new store next week. Her drive will go from 41 miles (one way) to 15 miles. The money we are going to save on gas will be like a pay raise. I'll write more later.

HD Chic said...

Hey man, you know you'll always be my BESTEST friend :)there is a difference!!

Sounds like your new dog will be great! How old?? and LUCK??? dude, you know what you are doing...it will be because of your SKILL that she is great at finding bombs!!

Have fun on that cruise!! I am jealous, but I have a fear of sinking, so not sure when I will take one.

Congrats on the new floor, and to Michelle for getting a transfer...woohooo!!!