Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I know, I know....

Ok, so its been awhile, but work has got me going pretty hard lately. Its not so much the schedule is hard, but after working in the morning, we go out during the day and explore, then go back to work in the evenings. This makes me really really tired by 8pm, so I don't hardly even look at the computer!

The past week has been good. DH has really lost some weight, and feels really great. We walk for about an hour every day, and I don't mean 'stroll', I mean walk with a purpose. We are watching our diet (mainly portion size) and I am just really proud of him.

Yesterday and this morning we were at Busch Gardens, Tampa. When we showed up to park the truck, we got to see Gretchen Wilson for FREE!! The old saying "its not what you know, but WHO you know" really paid off for that, lol. Plus we got a free one day pass to the park for anytime this year! Admission is usually $70 per person, so I think this weekend we are going to try and go...how exciting!!

Today I had to leave the DH in Tampa to come back to Jacksonville for a certification class that starts tomorrow and lasts til Friday. Its weird being in this hotel room without him! But I also need some "me" time after all that has gone on. I just need to 'let down' and can't do that in front of him just yet. So I think a soak in a hot bath tonight is in order!

Back on the diet issue....DH has lost weight, but I don't think I have. Its frustrating!!! I'm eating less, and healthier, walking as much as he is, etc. WTF??? ugh

No comments: