Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Random thoughts, again....

Once in awhile (and maybe more than I care to admit)I just randomly vent, talk, or just chat about stupid things. This is one of those times.

Once I got back from Jacksonville, and arrived in Tampa to reunite with the hubs, I spent the night relaxing. Saturday we went to MOSI, the Museum of Science and Industry, and I had a pretty good time. I like these types of museums, especially when they are HUGE. This one? Not so big. It did house an IMAX theater dome, however I made a poor choice in our viewing. I chose "Under the Sea", thinking it would be full of exciting sea life scenes, whales, sharks, etc. No, we watched the mating habits of the Cuddle Fish. woofreakinhoo. Needless to say, hubs fell asleep, and I wasn't too happy.

After MOSI, we ventured downtown and toured the USS American Victory, which is an old battleship from WWII. That was pretty interesting, and let me tell ya, after going up and down all of those steep stairs, my calves were KILLING me!! We got some good pictures, and had some fun being silly. Once that was over, we walked through some shops, and I found a couple of really cute things for my youngest nieces. Following that, we sat at an outdoor cafe, sipped coffee and watched the people go by. That was probably the high light, simply because there was such a diverse crowd. I can't even begin to describe them to you, lmao.

Sunday was spent touring some of the beaches. It was a nice enough day, but I was pooped from the day before. Which brings me to another part of my random thoughts. Have you ever given something away? Something you absolutely adored, loved with all your heart? Given it to someone, knowing how they would want it, but also 'needing' to give it to them? I did that. I gave something away to someone, knowing they wanted it, and needing to give it away to a 'safe' place. To me, this seemed a win-win situation, doing each other a favor in trust. Well, as good as a thought it was, and quite possibly still is, I have learned that no matter what your wishes, hopes, or desires, once you give something away, it no longer belongs to you. You are completely out of control, and have NO say in anything from there on out. Its a hard pill to swallow, and I will never be happy about any of the situation, but as my DH pointed out, its out of my control. *sigh*...that doesn't erase the feeling of betrayal, hurt, and worry.

Moving on.....

I apologize for not posting many pictures of our adventures. Its not that I haven't taken any...oh boy have I taken pictures!! The problem is that MY camera took a crap on me, and we are using the dubs'. My camera had a feature that reduced the size, allowing me to post them easier. His does not. So I have to shrink, crop, resave, etc. Its a total pain in the ass, and these past few days I just haven't had time. And on top of it all, we found an 8GB memory chip for the camera...thats over 3,000 pictures!! WOW!!! So, at some point I need to either try to find a 'resize' feature on the camera, or just be very selective on what I post.

Other thoughts include a crazy work schedule that is coming up. Tomorrow the 25th, we need to be AT the location by 5am. Another job has us working from 5pm-9pm. Sometime in the coming couple of weeks, there is a job that has us going from 10pm-2am...whew!! But I think this weekend we will be able to make it to Daytona Bike Week, which will be a nice break from the job. I can't wait!

Well, I was going to ramble on about other things, but I'm just too darn tired at this point. I'll finish this up on another day....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

microsoft has a free program called resizer which is good for altering the size of pics.

HD Chic said...

Thanx for the tip...I'll check it out!

Unknown said...

I know you don't agree with what I did, and maybe you'll never see it the way I do, but, it was and still is the absolute best decision. I didn't do it to betray you, I did it for him. He is my concern. I now have an open line of communication, something you did not have. I have support and that which matters most, the well being of a certain "thing" will never be compromised. I'm sorry your feelings got hurt. When I thought he would be taken away from me I was terrified. But, he has someone that will take care of him for life... THAT is all that really matters.

Unknown said...

I said "thing" to stay general, not to cause any hurt or disrespect. God, I hate when people are so damn touchy.

You gave Ben to me because I assume you thought I would give him a good home. Now, for the second time in 6 months you're pissed at me. Seems I don't do anything right by you.

HD Chic said...

Not pissed...hurt. You did what you thought was right, and that is fine, but I felt like it was done behind my back. No, he's not mine anymore, and you can do with him what you like, I completely understand that. It was just a hard blow. Yes, I gave him to you because I figured you would take care of him, and go on to do great things with him. But I just feel like you said one thing and did another....shows, weight pulls, OB, etc....now you're not. No biggie, but thats how it comes across.

Unknown said...

I'm about to move across the country? Plus, he needed and still needs lots of training. Sit and Down do not constitute an Obedience title.

It will come in time. Plus, it is now a labor of love. He will be neutered soon, so it is simply because I love to train and spend time with him.

Either way, you talk about hurt feelings. You've hurt mine too by not wanting to hear the whole story, just assuming. However, I know you have a ton of things on your mind, and I did not intend to add to the weight.

I'll address all this in my own blog at some point, when I have time. Till then, lets just let it rest.