Friday, February 20, 2009

Last day of class....

Today is the last day of CAOHC class for me...This class will certify me (pending I pass the test) for hearing conservation. Basically it says I can teach people how to use hearing protection, and test their hearing. Its a Federal certification, so I'll be able to test anywhere.

Yesterday was soooo boring. It really had nothing to do with my portion of hearing conservation, but had to be covered for the nurses and safety directors that were there. So the longest class day was absolutely grueling. I think I ate way more chocolate than should have been allowed!

Wow, I thought I had way more than that to say, lol..hhhmmm....

I guess I could talk about my Facebook account. Actually, I'll talk about all of the surveys that drop in my lap through Facebook. Things like "25 Things About Me", etc. These are fun, but there are some that I can never complete....ones like "Firsts". It asks about 30 questions about all the first times you did things in your life. First prom date, first car, first kiss, first true love, etc. Who remembers that stuff? I'm sure way more people than me!! There are so many things that I can't remember, it makes me wonder if I need some sort of therapy. I mean really, I can't remember half of my childhood! Other things I have problems remembering are people I served in the military with, events that happened during my 8 years in the USAF, events that occurred throughout my life that any other person should remember. Its quite disheartening, actually.

I also see so many folks reuniting from my old school, and thats great. However, I barely remember half the people that are on my friends list from high school. The ask me "Do you remember when we did....." um, no. I don't remember that stuff. Hell, half the time I barely remember the people I tested yesterday, much less 10 or 20 years ago. Its bad, really. I am really bad at keeping in touch with folks. They are reuniting and emailing, going out for lunch, etc and I have problems just looking at their profile page and asking the simple questions that they ask me..."how are you?, how are things?, ...etc" I think I'm just living in a fog, and life is passing me by. However, I am trying to be more concious of my daily life, what I say and who I say it to, and how I come across to people. Maybe that will help, who knows!!

No comments: