Thursday, March 12, 2009

Haunted hotels, and other misc. BS....

This story is a long time coming, but I've been busy, plus trying to figure how to write it. I'll just get right down to business....

As you all have read, we stayed at the Seminole Inn, Indiantown, FL. This hotel is a historical landmark, and really only one of 2 nice things in this town. So we are checked in, and I'm resting on the bed, just being still. I realize that I'm moving...shaking. What it felt like was the bed shaking as if the washing machine was off balance. It wasn't hard, but it was rhythmic. I mentione3d it to the DH, who laughed at me (of course). So the days go by, and I had felt it a couple more times, didn't think much about it. Don't get me wrong, I totally believe in the supernatural, and yes, I did think of ghosts. The final day came when we had to check out, and it happened to be late at night. We were coming down the stairs, and the receptionist said "oh, you scared me, I thought you were the ghost!" So of course, I had to ask and she explained that one night she was locking up, and knew for a fact she was the only one in the hotel. She heard footsteps going down the hallway on the upper level, and promptly went to investigate. Nothing. She came downstairs, and heard them again as if someone was walking around. Again, she checked it out, and again, nothing. Soooo...was it a ghost shaking my bed? Possibly. I'll be happy to believe so. :)

In other news, I feel like we are doing damage control in this job. We are finding that every job we go to we have to hear about the last set of Techs. How they were lazy, and rude. So we spend a lot of time making up for that. However, we are really making progress. This last job was good in that aspect...the contact actually called the office, talking about our professionalism, courtesy, and just overall how much he and the employees loved us, and how he wants us back next year. He's not the first to say it, so I'm hoping our place in this territory is sealed for next year. :)

Also, we had planned to watch the Space Shuttle launch this week, but due to a Nitrogen Gas leak, it has been scrubbed 2 days in a row. We are hoping for Sunday!

DH has lost a ton of weight...going from a size 48 pants to a size 38 in a month. He feels great and is really happy, its awsome...I'm so proud! WTG honey!! As for me? I've started taking a multi vitamin. I was juswt exhausted constantly, always falling asleep as soon as I stop moving. So hopefully the vitamin will help...we'll see!!

Well, time for bed....I'll post pics another day. :)

2 comments:

The Handler said...

Do you snore a lot, wake up sweating or with a head ache? These are all signs of a sleeping disorder.

HD Chic said...

Nope, sleep nice, like a worn out kid, LOL