Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Reality Bites

I've been away for awhile, I know. I know that it sucks to check someone's blog everyday only to see that they just aren't writing. I however, have an excuse...I think. Seems I'm full of those lately, lol. Anyway, work has been crazy, although easy. Short days, nice people at the jobs. I guess its just that the DH and I have been just filling our time off with other things. Shopping, playing mini-golf, we went to a movie, etc. So what I'm saying is, by the time we make it back to the motel, I am pooped. Even if its at a decent hour, I am mentally drained.

I was going to blog about my thoughts on people who abuse animals...for example, Michael Vik. I had a whole 2 notebook pages on the subject. Hell, I even joined a group on Facebook concerning the cause. However, right now, whilst I write this, I have nothing to say on the matter.

Tonight we are staying right on Daytona Beach. I guess I never realized how old this place really is. I mean, it is really dated. I'm talking from the 1950s. There is a stretch, about 2 miles worth I guess, that I believe has the same paint on the buildings from when they were new....in 1950. :p Kinda nostalgic, in a way. The old hotels, the old gift shops, etc. Probably a real cool place in its day. Don't get me wrong, there is a n ewer part that sports all the new clubs, bars, hotels, condos, etc. But this end is much cooler, more interesting. jmo.

In other news, we are going to head back north to Jacksonville to drop the trailer at the maintenance shop, the rig at its spost for maintenance, DH to the Cardiologist for a check-up, then up to NC to see my dad for 2 days. After that we'll be in the panhandle of FL, and in AL to finish out April.

Its funny, DH asked me the other day if I missed being home, or if there was anything I missed from home. I miss my animals...the dogs and chickens. I miss knowing that about now I'd be picking out seeds for the garden. I kinda miss being on my own schedule. However, I DO NOT miss the cold weather they are having. I don't miss the family drama. I don't miss being broke half the time. I like traveling around out here. I like finding new stores, new trinkets, new restaurants. I like all the people I meet. I can say we've met some real characters! Its been pretty cool, and quite a bit of fun! So over all, what I miss from home is outweighed by the fun things out here on the road. I can say, I miss my dogs the most. I think about them daily.

Anyway, it may be a few days before I'm able to blog again...time with dad and all. So until I write again...have a good weekend! :)

2 comments:

Jayne said...

I know the feeling with regard to your dogs hon. I've been here almost 4yrs now & there's hardly a day goes by when I don't think of my staffie.

I hope all goes well at the cardio check-up for DH & have yourselves a great weekend hon :-D

The Handler said...

As long as you are havig fun I don't care if it takes you a week or so to post a blog. I haven't play mini-golf in a long time. I'm not trying to rub it in but the weather was nice enough for us to take the dogs to the dog park on Sunday.