Saturday, April 25, 2009

Shopping

So we've arrived here in Mobile, AL and well, I guess I was expecting more.  However, I believe the recession has again struck hard.  Shopping plazas that were projected to be something great, are mere shells.  Nothing in them, or only a store or 2 barely hanging on.  Sad, really.  There is, what I call anyway, a 'high end' shopping plaza that seems to be doing fairly well.  It has several shops I've never heard of, and many I have.  We went there last night be3cause its fun not only to shop there, but a good area to get our nightly exercise in.  I'd like to go there this evening to try and get my hair cut.  Yeah, I'm trying to grow it out, but it needs a bit of work.

We also found an outlet mall today, and it was ok.  But outlet malls are all the same....same shops, same sales.  We are finding out that the 'high end' malls are so much better.  No, we may not be able to afford most of the things they offer, but the things we can buy are so much better in quality that its well worth the money.  So, slowly but surely we are rebuilding our wardrobe.  Dillards has nice shirts for the DH, at good prices when they are on sale.  Sorry, I can't pay $85 for a shirt, but I can do $35.  I can also do $20 for a good t-shirt.  

Anyway, maybe I'm being a snob, but at this point I can't go back to shopping at WalMart....not for clothes, anyway.  So, at the moment I'll keep going to those 'high end' areas, and a little at a time I'll build me a good stock of outfits.  Same for the DH.  Hell, if we're gonna be out here for the next 3 years, we may as well dress nice and take advantage of the bargains when we find them.  

2 comments:

Jayne said...

Too bloody right hon - you grab the bargains while you can! Will email you with pics of The Wedding :-)

HD Chic said...

Loved the pics!! THANK YOU!!