Friday, August 14, 2009

Graceland


About a week ago, my travels allowed me to visit the famed Graceland....home of the late, great Elvis Presley. The original KING of Rock and Roll. The virtual inventor of it all. In my eyes, the man will forever be immortal. He is an icon that cannot be rivalled, not even by Michael Jackson. No, he wasn't in my generation, he died when I was 6 (or so they say). That doesn't mean I don't love his music any less that the older generations, or that I can't appreciate him and his music. My father made sure, if nothing else, that I had a well rounded musical library, and Elvis was at the top of the list.

So, it stands to reason I would want to visit Graceland.

I cannot begin to tell you the feeling I got when I walked through the front door. It was awe. It was an overwhelming sense of his aura. It was sadness. It was happiness. It was.....unbelievable. You all can think I am a complete nut job, but when I say I felt his aura, I mean it. This place was so saturated by his presence I was almost brought to tears. I found myself wanting to spend just one night in this house alone, hoping to see him. My only other wish during the tour was that everyone else there would have gone away. I wanted to see every inch of this place all by myself. I wanted to soak up every smell, every touch. The other visitors were in my way....and I'm sure they felt the same about me.

Anyway, enough of my sap....below are but a few of the 186 pictures I took of this wonderful place.

The front The living room



His parents' bedroom The TV room



The Jungle Room


His grave


Live on, King.....Live on

No comments: