Thursday, August 27, 2009

Long overdue

Many things, like this entry, have been long overdue. However, there was a Royal Reunion that took place last weekend, and I wish it could be repeated every weekend!

You see, 20 years ago I graduated from high school. Yes, that gives away my age of 38 years, but I don't care. Anyway, even then I didn't have the greatest relationship with the folks. Long story short, December of 1989 was the last time I saw my best friend. Yep, we went 20 years without any contact at all.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't for the lack of trying. She worked in the same department as the bitch that gave birth to me, yet, despite her inquiries, the bitch had 'no idea' where I was at. This, my friends, was a complete load of shit. She knew exactly where I was! Of course, neither one of us knew where to look, or if the other was married, etc. So it was impossible to find each other.

However, thanx to FaceBook, and after a long 20 years, we have reunited. On top of that, we both love the TWILIGHT series, and have hence named our selves after 2 characters. I am Princess Alice, and she is Queen Rosalie. Childish? Maybe. But I don't care. I am just happy to be reunited with my best friend. And let me say, I don't plan on letting her slip away again.

People change, its unavoidable. However, it seems as though her and I were never really 'seperated'. To get completely out of my character and mushy....we were always in each other's hearts. We still finish each other's sentences, act the same, think the same, and like all the same things. Its as if we never left. I am happy!!!

No comments: