Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Man Store

Today, whilst shopping at Belk's (clothing store) I noticed this particular store had a section totally devoted to men. It wasn't just a part of the store with a few racks of men's clothes, no, this was a whole seperate store. I decided to go in.

It was like nothing like I've ever been in. No music, no screaming kids, no bitchy women. Just men, quietly looking through the racks of clothes, shoes, hats, etc. Strategically placed around the store were leather chairs, looking at flat screen televisions playing any sport that happened to be on. NASCAR, golf, baseball, etc. The thing that was amazing was the men were actually shopping.....I am serious! They were slowly, quietly, looking through racks of clothes. Holding them up, checking prices, checking tags, etc. I was truely amazed! And the biggest shock? They were relaxed and totally at home doing so. I wish I could have videoed the whole experience. There weren't even any women clerks. Guys helping guys. "Can I see this shoe in a size 10?" "No problem, sir" and that was that!

Anyway, had to share that little experience with you all....something other than my usual bitch session :)

1 comment:

The Handler said...

Was it kind of like watching an animal in it's natural enviroment?