Friday, June 4, 2010

After spending most of the morning...ok, for me, it was most, I was out from 0730-1000.....driving from yard sale to yard sale, I finally got groceries and made it home. I then found myself sitting here on the couch, wondering what to do! I should have worked on the quilt, but didn't. I should have bathed the dog, but didn't. I should have done some cleaning, but didn't. Instead, I snacked around, watched some TV, and napped on the couch. LAZY!!

After my nap I felt a bit motivated, so I did the dishes, and went to the garden. I initially started out to just pick some peas, but found myself on my hands and knees pulling weeds around the beans. I should have kept going and worked around the tomatoes, but decided to call it a day. During my breaks (it was hot!) I had my goat out, changed out water for the chickens and goat, and brought out my horse to tether and graze. Once my weeding was done, I put the horse back out to pasture, the goat back in her pen, and brought the dog inside. Good timing, I must say, since it started a light rain just as I stepped inside!

A nice shower and some good homegrown eggs with sausage and I'm good to go. Now to chill out and relax. DH will be home tonight, sometime. Might do some yard saleing tomorrow, but will go to a nephew's birthday party tomorrow night. Sunday I'll spend baking bread for the Farmer's Market on Monday afternoon. Also on Monday, the farrier will be here to trim and shoe my girl. I can't wait, maybe then we can get some good riding in..woot!

2 comments:

The Handler said...

Do horses like to get pedicure?

Unknown said...

Some, yes. But like dogs, they have to be trained to stand and be patient. Royalty was a bit bratty at first, but it had been at least 2 years since she'd had it done, then by the last hoof, she was just tired and wanted to be done. She did real good though, and he was here and gone in a little over an hour.