Sunday, June 20, 2010

Ok, so I'm a spoiled brat sometimes. But I think people should stick to their word, and when they don't I get pouty.

See, today was a family gathering (again) and last week my MIL had said "If you go get the DSS, I will take him back." Ok, agreed. Well, it just so happened that the other grandparents of my stepson were in Dubuque already, and said they would bring him back with them. Sweet! So he arrived, albeit late, on Sat. evening. Ok, thats fine, less stress for me. Anyway, I find out last night that the MIL has decided that she just can't take him home as she had said, "I think I'll just be too busy"...um, shit. The last thing I want to do on a Sunday is make that 6 hour round trip drive. Its boring and I don't like it. Not to mention we'd already had an agreement. It is not my fault my end was covered by his other grandparents. Yes, I should be the good stepmom and take him home, but hey, a deal is a deal.

So today, as the time drew closer, I got more and more pouty. I sulked, I sighed, and I openly admitted to the DH and one of the SILs that I wasn't happy. I admitted to my inner 5 year old taking over and pouting horribly. So my DH said "I bet I can get mom to take him back if I put them up in a hotel".....of course I didn't argue but encouraged. Five minutes later he came back and said "No worries, she'll take him, I'm booking a room now"......he has enough hotel points that he could do it for free. WOOHOO!! So I got my bratty ass out of that stupid drive. *happy dance happy dance*

In other news, I also went today with a bitch in my heart. Yep, since one of my SILs had decided to completely ignore me (she is the one who is the wife of the BIL who had a fit about the horse) at a nephew's birthday party, I went to this gathering determined to play this game and be a bitch right back. Well, it worked, she was following me around and finally sat beside me in the grass under a tree and talked. We didn't talk about the past, we just chatted about other things,.....things we used to talk about before all this shit went down. I'll admit it was nice, but I didn't trust her with any information. I didn't fall for the "I'll be your best friend" tactic she was trying to pull. I chatted, gave her just enough info to keep her baited, and now she's texting me and thinks all is right with the world. Well, between her and the other SIL, I'll let them both think I'm that stupid. Karma, in the end, will prevail and I'll be smiling. I do my good deeds, and their games will bite them in the ass in the end.

Anyway, enough bullshit. I'm playing Wii with my son, enjoying the time, and just chillin out.

Hope all the dads out there had a great Father's Day :-D

No comments: