Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Although not much is going on here at G Bar J Farms, I'm still busy. I took some veggies to the Farmer's Market and made $55, so I was happy about that, despite sitting in the rain through it all, ha! We also got a hog processed so I'm working on canning the meat from that. Its not hard at all, just time consuming.

In other news DH was looking around on the internet and found a beautiful Belgian draft horse team for sale. They are in Wisconsin :( but not out of the picture just yet. The owner is willing to do some trading for them, and I think I can accommodate him in that regard. First I need to sell the horse I have. Today might be the day....if not I'll probably take her to the sale barn. That would be at the first of Aug. I've got a friend that will help me with that. In fact, she wants to ride her today. I'll be taking the horse to her house which is about an hour up the road. She has a few other horses, and she's planning on us riding this afternoon. Not sure what will come of it all, but I'll at least get to ride with someone. :)

The draft team is multi-functional. They can plow, pull, and be ridden. They are 17.2 hands high (5ft 8in ) at the shoulder. Thats as tall as me just at the back!! WOO! I don't know though.....I have to be careful and not get too excited.

In other news, I've decided that the person that had Ben while I was gone turned him into a vegetarian. Sounds funny, but he'd rather eat green beans and tomatoes that a slab of meat. Can you believe it? I don't know what to do with him. I guess I should be glad he's at least eating his dog food.

The potbelly pigs have recovered from their castration. You wouldn't know there had ever been an issue. DH dug a small trench in their pen and lined it with a tarp. We filled it with water (its only about 4 inches deep) and presto! Piggy Pool!! They loved it so much they promptly peed and pooped in it, HA! Oh well, they play in it, put mud in it, and generally enjoy it, so I don't care. I need to change out the water, but thats no issue.

There has been more rain here. In the last 24 hours we received 4 inches of rain and of course that caused lots of flooding. Things here are swampy. Just when I thought we'd get a break, it looks like it will rain again today. *sigh*

On another topic I'm really enjoying my new found friendships. How great is it to not have to feel belittled all the time? Awsome!! To chat with someone who loves playing in the dirt, who isn't scared to have a good time, who isn't prissy, and who is secure enough in their faith that they aren't worried about mine??? Again, Awsome!! She is fine with her beliefs, and knows mine....she doesn't feel threatened, and I don't either. In her mind/heart, she believes in the Christian God, and doesn't feel that she has to prove anything, or gain "points" to get to heaven, nor does she feel that I make her "walk" difficult. As I said, she is very secure in her belief, and doesn't judge or dump people for not believing the same. Its great! I'm quite happy to have found her after all these years, and I really think this happened for a reason. People in my past are there for a reason, and as much as I wish I could keep the old memories and not have the now tainted ones, it was a lesson learned and as I've always said....Life Happens.

No comments: