Thursday, July 15, 2010

Just Rambling

No real story to tell, just rambling about the things going on here.

The 6 kits (baby bunnies) have all died. The strongest one died yesterday, and I believe he caught a cold from his mom. She's had a snotty nose since she got here, and he had the same thing when he died. I think mom might have to go as well, she is not getting better and I don't need her making the others sick.

New additions to the farm are 3 pot belly pigs. They were all boars when we got them, and since the DH castrated them they are now called 'barrows'. I had no idea until he told me. Speaking of DH, he found a job! He's hauling livestock and seems to be liking it...as much as anyone can enjoy working.

The chickens are getting more and more brave these days. They are so used to getting food from me that they follow me around like a pack of dogs. Its gotten to where I have to literally wade through them just to get across the yard. The Guinea keets (chicks)are getting big and really stretching their wings.

The garden is doing fair. The tomatoes are really getting going, and the corn is coming around as well. The weeds are doing better! I'm still getting a fair amount of green beans, and plan on taking those and some tomatoes to Farmer's Market.

Yesterday was the hottest day on record. I don't know what the world is doing as far as Mother Nature is concerned, but its definitely raising a ruccus . We've had rain more this year than in the past, tornadoes and earthquakes all over the world. Crazy hot and cold spots, typhoons, hurricanes, etc. On top of all that, the human element has got things going from bad to worse, and now we're finding out about hidden agendas withing the governments. I swear every day that goes by I see more and more and wonder when it will all collapse. I just hope we're ready.

Other things in my life.....as you all know I had a complete falling out with a friend from high school. I don't regret that at all, as it was a learning experience for me of how people change, and what life and what a corrupt religion will do to a person. But Karma has a way of doing things, and that person has since been replaced by someone whom I never spoke to in high school, but seem to have a lot in common with. She is down to earth, honest, and from what I'm seeing so far, will prove to be a way better friend than the other person ever was. There's no competition, or need to be in charge. She's not the type to have to always be right, or always be better, she is who she is and she's happy with life. She enjoys her family, a good beer, being outside, and camo! LOL We have way more in common that we ever knew, and I think a lot of that has to do with how our lives have gone over the last 20 years. In a nutshell, I'm happy we're chatting and getting to know each other. Sadly, we live over 1,000 miles apart, so I'm still stuck sitting here alone. But its better than no friends at all. And I'll ALWAYS have my best friend, no matter how far away he is.

1 comment:

Jayne said...

Soooooo glad the hubby got a job hon xoxoxox