Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A 30 minute exerp...

yep, that's what you get, in picture form, is an exerp from my life. Let me explain...many people ask me "You have no job, kids don't live with you, what do you DO all day?" Its true, I have no job, the DH is a truck driver and is gone all the time, sometimes 3 weeks or more (but that is rare). No, my children don't live here, and I live way out in the country with my dogs. So, what do I do all day??? HHmmm, depends on the day. Winter sucks, as it is so damn cold I don't go outside. Most times I sit on my ass, doing just about nothing...lol. But I do keep the house clean, and play with the 2 dogs that are inside. If its above freezing I'll take them and the outside dogs on a long walk (although that only takes 2 hours for both sets, lol).

So on days like today, when the temp guage reads 3 degrees, and the windchill has it at -11, I get to watch the following take place:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

So there it is...all in 30 minutes, these two kids wrestled, growled, thumped, and ran around. Then, they decided "oh, mom is standing up with the camera, lets check it out and pose for her" which resulted in this:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And although these next ones weren't taken today, this is how it usually ends up:

Photobucket

Photobucket

There ya go...a brief photo synopsis of a fraction of my day. I don't quell the running through the house, or the play-barking that goes with this, as they are cooped up in the house all day. They need to get that energy out!! And Ben, the Mastiff, is suprisingly agile for his size, and he has figured out how to get the best of Max...lol, quite entertaining.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG those two are so cute!! I am the same way. I only tell them to not bark, otherwise they can run through the house like the wild ones that they are. If I had a camera I'd show you Topper sitting at the window for hours at a time staring at the birds on the windowsill. Spirit only cares sometimes.

Jayne said...

Awwwwwww! The hounds look like they're having such good fun! Bugger it's cold in your end of the world! We moaned cos we opted not to go out on the Thurs night ride, as the shamal winds were howling & the roads were covered in loose sand - but that was just for ONE day/night!
I'll be in touch soon re the t-shirts. Been a bit hectic hon, sorry :-(

HD Chic said...

Novel, I can just picture that big boy so alert at the window, just watching! :)

Jayne, don't worry hun, I know how "life happens" and you have to prioritize. I'm not going anywhere, so don't worry about it! and as for that awful wind, you can keep it! lol :)