Monday, February 4, 2008

My Quilt

Ok, for those of you who have been following along, I made a new year resolution to learn how to quilt. So far, its going pretty well. I have learned that once you get the proper tools, things can be easier, and measurements more accurate. Now, I have watched a program on PBS about women who learned how to make quilts from their ancesters who were freed slaves, or women who made them when they had nothing but old clothes to make them with. They simply ripped the material, and made do with it. Nothing technical, but the patterns and art were great. So, although my squares in the beginning weren't perfect, They became better as I went along once I aquired a cutting wheel and mat.
Anyway, here is how much I've done so far:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I plan on putting an outer edge on it this week, then the batting, and finally the back. So, as soon as I get that accomplished, I'll post the final product here!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am just so damn impressed!! You never know what you're capable of until you try, eh??

You should smell the gumbo on the stove!!!