Monday, February 18, 2008

Its DONE!!

Finally, I have finished my very first quilt! WOOHOO! Ok, I know, it may not be a huge accomplishment compared to other things, but for me, its awsome. I have started and completed a project, I did it with NO help, and I can actuall USE it! Granted, hand-sewing a quilt is a TON of work, but I enjoyed it. I would sit in my big chair, watching tv in the evenings and sew away. Very relaxing, and the whole project made me think, and use my brain...lol...no laughing on that one! So, here are the pics of the finished project!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

6 comments:

The Handler said...

Congrats. I've never made a quilt before but I think you did it pretty fast. Are you going to make more and sell them at craft shows? I wish I had time to work on the craft that I like to do. I had a security job where we worked 12 hour shifts. In those 12 hours I would do about 1 hour worth of work. During the other 11 hours we could do what ever we wanted to stay awake. I found I nice peice of wood up in the mountains and mabe a cain out of it. It turned out VERY nice. I've got a couple more pieces of wood but don't have the time to work on it.

HD Chic said...

I know the feeling...sometimes I just don't have the time, which is suprising since I don't work, per se. I've found a couple of other patterns I'd like to try, but as far as selling them, I don't know. Greg asked me about that, selling at a charity auction or something, but I just don't think its good enough work to warrant that, lol.

Unknown said...

I am so freakin amazed on how cool your quilt is!! You rock. I obviously could never have done something like that! Someday... some... day!!!

HD Chic said...

Oh Novel, don't be so modest! I know you could do WAY better than me!! "someday"...yes, someday you'll have the TIME, because I know you have the TALENT!!

Jayne said...

Well done hon - for a first go at quilting, you rock! When can I put an order in? :-))

HD Chic said...

Oh wow Jayne, thank you for the compliment...lol...an order? You are welcome to put one in anytime, just let me know what you want! :)