Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Lots of pictures

I went out to do my 'chores' yesterday morning, and decided to take the camera with me. Saturday the DH was home, and poor thing worked his butt off with the tiller in the garden. If the damn thing wouldn't take off and drag me through the country, I would have done it a long time ago. I just can't handle that beast, and I'm not afraid to admit it. Hell, its tried to drag him off on ocassion!!

Anyway, other that between a few plants, the garden is looking GREAT! I have peas growing in the pods, cucumbers getting bigger everyday, my gourds are trying to take over, and everything else is looking awsome! We dug a few red potatoes Saturday, and had them for breakfast on Sunday...mmmmmmmm...they were sooo good! This is my first garden as an adult (adult by age, not by mind!! LOL ) and just can't get over how much flavor everything has. Potatoes actually taste like potatoes!! I cut some brocolli the other day and it literally melted in my mouth! It wasn't rubbery, or flavorless...yummy!! So here are some pictures I took while out there, and some of the chickens as well..hehe. :)

Peas in the sun:

Photobucket

Brocolli just begging to be eaten:

Photobucket

Sweet corn above my knees!! (the saying goes "knee high by July")

Photobucket

Gourd plants stretching out:

Photobucket

My first cucumber:

Photobucket

Tomatoes waiting to ripen:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Looking from the West end:

Photobucket

Looking from the East end:

Photobucket

Brad the rooster looking handsome!:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jon with his awsome color!:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Not sure if you can see it, but Jon is yawning!! lol :

Photobucket

Look what I did!! :

Photobucket

One of the older hens:

Photobucket

We would wave if we had hands!:

Photobucket

I've also tried my hand at making homemade egg noodles. I seperated the yolks and mixed them with flour and a bit of water. Rolling out the dough was a chore, but if they turn out good, it will be worth it. I ended up with a gallon ziploc full, so we'll see what happens. They take a long time to dry in the oven, but I don't know how else to do it. I'll be locating my broth recipe, and trying my hand at that as well. Who knows, I might be a great 'homemade' chef and not know it!! LOL

Today I'll be getting off my butt and mowing the grass, which I completely HATE doing. If it wasn't so wet out from the dew, I would have done it already when its cool out. I managed to get all of the laundry and ironing done yesterday...the ironing I had put off for so long it took over an hour to finish. I made the noodles, cleaned the butts of the baby chicks (thats something you don't want to know about)and tried to just get the little stuff done. I know it doesn't sound like too much, but I had about 4 loads of laundry, and hung it all out on the line which was nice. I actuall yenjoy haning clothes out, so I don't consider that a chore.

I guess I'm a morning person. I get up early, and try to get all my work done while I have the energy. Seems by noon or shortly thereafter, I run out of steam and just want to relax. Heck, I KNOW I'm not a night person...by 9pm I'm in the bed!! LOL

No comments: