Wednesday, June 18, 2008

New Arrivals...

Yep, more babies!! LOL These are Barred Rock hens...ok, pullets, but they will be hens soon enough. They are very tolerant of the cold, so will work well here in the mid-west. They should start laying around mid October. I am so excited! They are NOTHING like the meat birds we had. They don't smell and of course they don't poop near as much. They are running around in their brooder and are sooo cute! I think they are cuter than the little yellow meat birds.

Here is how they arrived. I got a call from the Post Office "we have a noisy box for you, please come pick it up! *chuckle* "

Photobucket

I got them home, and fixed up the brooder (crate, lol) and they are loving it!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Of course, I'll keep you all updated (like you care) with their progress!!

No comments: