Tuesday, November 18, 2008

GREAT NEWS!!!!!

So we all know I've been holding out on the info lately for fear of jinxing the whole thing. Well now I get to spill the news!!

DH and I applied for a 'couples only' job about 2 weeks ago and after sitting through a 2+ hour interview, we got the call last night that we got the job!! The best parts are as follows:

1-- We get to live in sunny FLORIDA where its WARM!!

2-- We get to keep this house

3-- We come home about twice a year

4--Did I mention FLORIDA???

5--We have the opportunity to save a bunch of money

6--WARM, BEACHES, SUNSHINE

Anyway, the job starts in January. We will spend about 2 weeks here in Illinois for training, then trot our happy asses to FLORIDA!! Holy shit I'm excited!! I guess the main reason is we were looking for something along these lines, and when we saw this job, everything just fell into place. And when the manager told us we would be assigned to a specific region, I was really hoping for the southeast, and even concentrating on FLORIDA. So you can imagine the Happy Dance I did when we got the call that not only did we get it, but FLORIDA!!! Dammit People!! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!

We are telling the DH's family on Sunday during the typical family gathering. So on top of the holidays to gear up for, I have about 3 good weeks left to get things in order here. Things like getting all the bills taken care of and debited out on a regular basis. Having people come by and mow the grass and flush a toilet now and again. Getting things ready to pack...after all, we'll be gone for 6 months, at which time we'll only be back here for 2 weeks, then back down to FLORIDA again. I would go into further detail, but there is really no need. I'll have the laptop with us, so I'll still be able to blog. This time it will be about all the adventures in WARM, SUNNY FLORIDA!!!!!

4 comments:

The Handler said...

By any chance did you get the Happy Dance on video? I would pay good money to see you do any dance besides the Two Step.

HD Chic said...

Didn't I tell you once before you couldn't afford me? LOL ;)

Jayne said...

Congrats to you both! Hey, you'll get to ride more often right?!! What about the hounds......will they be able to go with you?

HD Chic said...

Hi Jayne! Not sure how much riding will get done, we'll have to see how the schedule goes. As for the hounds, they have been taken care of, and I feel like I have a million things to do! lol