Sunday, January 11, 2009

Last day....

Well folks, today is our last day here in Rockford, IL. Tomorrow morning we will finish things up at the main office, then its off to Muscatine, IA where we will meet our trainer and another team of techs (they've been working with this company for a year). We will then spend a week there and then...WOOHOOO!!! its off to Florida!!

Today I've been getting the laundry done. Usually hotels have a couple washers/dryers. Not this one. There is ONE washer and dryer for the whole building. Thank goodness I'm the only one doing laundry today!! Of course, the dryer takes forever to dry your clothes, but what else have I got to do today? I mean hell, there is about 6 inches of snow on the ground, its 24*F, and on a Sunday, there isn't much open. So we sit here, getting clothes washed and packed and watching lots of TV.

I was going to make a couple of spreadsheets to use for our expenses from Per Diem, as well as for our Salary, but I am an idiot when it comes to Excel, so I have to wait til we get to FL. One of our trainers is really proficient with the program, so I have to wait for him to teach me. I want to keep track of our expenses without using paper, but if I can't learn the program or figure out exactly how I want it to operate, then paper it will stay.

Beyond that, I don't have much news. Its freakin cold and I want to go south...period. I was talking to my dad yesterday, (he lives in North Carolina)and he was in a t-shirt and jeans outside working on his tractor....HELLO!!! When I told him about the cold and snow here, he said "You can keep that shit!" I laughed so hard and COMPLETELY agreed!!

Here is a silly pic of me in Sam's Club....DH had just got me that hat, and I love it!! Yeah, I'm a dork...so what???

Photobucket

2 comments:

The Handler said...

I love Excel. We use it to keep track of Dog weights, vehicle millage, how much time we spend on differnt tasks, and our training sheets are also in Excel. If you need anything just ask. I have a form I use when I go on company travel to keep tack of expenses. When I get back to work I will send you a copy of it. I agree with your dad!!!!

Jayne said...

You don't look a dork at all! IWe took the 'Glide out for a spin today & I wore a long sleeved t-shirt, denim jacket & my leather waistcoat & I was cold! And.......just to make you feel good - it was around 22C!!!