Friday, June 19, 2009

Finally outta there

Yep, finally out of New Orleans, and the whole state of Louisiana. I wasn't very happy there, and more so disappointed. In my humble opinion, the only real gem in all that filth is the Garden District. Gorgeous houses, quiet, tree-lined streets, and enough foliage to refill the rain forest. So quiet, and tranquill! Unlike the French Quarter, which, despite the nice shops (albeit way over priced) it smell of vomit, piss, and rotting trash. Not to mention the wafts of alcohol coming out of the bars, and the panhandlers trying anything to make a buck. Its all very stressful, despite the street bands/dancers, and small parks scattered about. Over all I just felt dirty there, and as I said, highly disappointed. The thing is, its not Katrina that did it, it was like that before the hurricane.

Anyway, today is Montgomery, AL, tomorrow is Opp, AL, and then on back to Jacksonville, FL, rounding out next week in Macon, GA. This weekend we are getting a motel room at the beach, and hoping the gods smile on us, having a nice relaxing weekend. I'd like to get good and burnt before going to IL for our 2 week break, LOL. On the 28th we are picking up my son in OH and rolling on to the house. Sis in law will have the A/C on, so we should be good to go. I can't wait to spend a week or 2 of getting up whenever I damn well feel like it. AJ is old enough to fend for himself on breakfast, and then we can do whatever we want with our day. It should be nice! I'll try to blog then, but may not have time (ha ha) or feel like it.....we'll see.

I'm sure I'll write again this week!

2 comments:

The Handler said...

You have one of the most backwards lifes I have ever heard of. You go on the road for work and go home for a vacation.

Jayne said...

I hope you have a nice, relaxing weekend hon - with all the schlepping around you do, you certainly deserve it!
Enjoy your time with your son :-) I'm off to Italy on Tues. morning. Hubs, me & 2 other friends have hired Harleys in Florence & we're doing a 16day tour around Italy & Switzerland - way kewl LOL.