Saturday, June 13, 2009

Getting older and being a "late bloomer"

Yes, it happens to all of us, we get old. And it seems that maybe this job has aged me a bit more than I'd like. All I really know is that I MUST wear makeup every day. No choice. I've also come to accept the fact that I will have this 'gut' forever. Unless I pull off the Powerball Lottery, and get the "Mommy Makeover", I'm stuck with it. Now I know there could be worse things in life, but at the moment, this is enough for me thanks.

I'm also what they call a 'late bloomer'. Nobody taught me how to put on makeup, when I wore it I just slapped it on how I thought it should look and went on my way. However, since being on this job I've had opportunities I've never had. One of them being a makeup make-over. I went to a store called Sephora (I highly recommend any makeup they sell, especially the Urban Decay line as well as the Two Faced line) and told them to teach me how to wear it. So they stripped off my old WalMart shit, and proceeded to make me presentable. It was unbelievable. I promptly spent $200 on the basics. This wasn't hard, as they aren't cheap. But as I've blogged in the past, you get what you pay for. Cheap make up does just that....makes you look cheap and trashy. So upon freshly turning 38, I've finally learned how to wear my face. I've also invested in a straightening iron for my hair, combining it with the Sephora hair straightening serum, I officially take an hour to get ready in the morning. Quite a change since it would usually take about 20 minutes at the most in the past. And that, is what you call 'high maintenance'.

Now if I can just get my hair to grow faster...HA!

I want to extend my sympathy to my dear friend Jayne (link to her blog via mine) after her horrific stay at what should have been a seriously high class resort. You poor dear, going with the full intentions of friendship and relaxation, only to be reduced to Pizza Hut and shitty service, not to mention people fucking with her Harley......good thing she didn't catch them, they wouldn't have lived to sit on another, thats for sure!!! So Jayne, my heart goes out to you darlin', and I hope your next adventure makes up for this last one! Love you!! xoxox


2 comments:

Jayne said...

Why thank you darlin' :-D We so badly needed that break (as you can understand by the 'Fairy Tale' post) cos Hubs is really taking strain, so yeah, being reduced to a fuckin Pizza Hut meal is depressing!
Y'know hon, I'd love to go & have a make-up makeover, but if I did it here, I hate to think what I'd look like.......Lebanese slut springs to mind (they wear soooo much make up its frightening). Maybe I'll give it a try when I go home. I only use the basics - mascara & lipstick & feel like I look like a bag of snakes somedays!

HD Chic said...

Like I said, you just say the word and I'll do what I can for ya, house included. And if there is anything I can do on this side of the world concerning HD, just holler.

I don't think you'd look like a bag o' snakes, you may feel like it, but I'm sure you're far from looking like it! ;)