Friday, February 19, 2010

Crazy things here at work.....we still aren't sure if we're keeping this territory. The wife of the cancer guy called and said "Send everything back, except..." and she named one item. Why?? Why not that one item? Well, too bad, I'm sending that, too. Its a fragile item, and I'll be damned if I'm going to be responsible for it any longer than I have to.

They haven't found a Dr. to treat him yet, but he is out of the hospital, just not fit to work. She is taking 1 week off per month, milking the insurance and paycheck. I'm sorry but I am a realist. If I had a rare form of terminal cancer that only 1 in 1 million has, the last thing I'd be doing is working. I'd tell my spouse "c'mon, I don't know how long I've got so lets live it up!" Not "You keep working, I'll keep praying"......NO. Yet, she keeps thinking 'all will be right with the world" ....she is in denial.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not condemming the guy to a death sentence. But I am a realist. I don't wish ill on him, and its not admitting defeat.....its knowing when to accept what is, and go on.

So there it is.....there might be one couple that is working the east coast that would want this territory, and if they do, thats fine. I won't complain. I've got a year and 9 months left at this job, I'm just hoping it goes fast.

No comments: