Tuesday, February 9, 2010

El Paso, TX

So here I am in El Paso, TX. I've been here 1 day. I hope it gets better! I guess the crazy thing is seeing the border fence as I drive along I-10. Seeing Juarez, Mexico just on the other side is interesting. As I drive along and look at the houses across the fence and wonder how many are just shelter for those attempting to cross. I know many have permanent residents, but some are so run down that it seems almost impossible for them to be anything but a stop over.

I'm hoping to explore this city a bit more. There seems to be a lot of culture, several museums and art galleries. I'd like to see the prettier part, if one exists. We are currently staying in a hotel downtown, but I swear it seems like the seedier part. Lots of congestion, buildings crammed on top of one another, and people everywhere.

Of course a topic I shouldn't discuss is the language issue. I don't care if Mexico is 100 yards away across the fence, you are now in America, learn English. 'Nuff said.

So as I find out more fun facts here in El Paso, I'll be sure to post them here.

2 comments:

'Tracey Garner said...

Sounds interesting!!!

Looking Best for the Dress said...

Hi! I started a new blog to document my weight loss journey. Since I want to be brutally honest, I've kept it anonymous - therefore can't invite my friends to read it. I'm looking for some followers so I have a little support in this. Check out my blog if you'd like! :)