Thursday, July 16, 2009

Back to work

Vacation is over, and I couldn't be happier. The intense, and STUPID drama at home was NOT what I anticipated, and it wasn't resolved in the 2 week period. Problem is, kids will suffer. Besides the drama, a very dear family friend passed, so the 1st 3 days of vacation were funeral proceedings. *sigh*

So, needless to say, I'm glad to be back to work. Back to being MANY miles from home, away from all of the bullshit. Its sad when you think about the next time you should be home, and cringe. I don't know what we are going to do as far as Christmas. It will probably be the last time we see the step-son for awhile, depending on what he does when he graduates High School next spring. I know he is a rebel, and once he turns 18 I have a feeling he's gonna graduate and run as fast as he can.

In other news, we are in Georgia for this week, and will be not only here, but in Alabama next week. Hubs has decided we need a vacation from our vacation, and has booked a room on the beach in Hilton Island, South Carolina. I can't wait. I want to just lay out, and RELAX, you know, what I was supposed to do on VACATION!! ugh. I think eventually, like around Oct/Nov time frame, we'll end up in North Carolina. Just a hunch, but I'm hoping so. I have 2 girlfriends from high school I haven't seen for 20 years, and since we found each other on FaceBook, we've been trying to plan a get-together. So, depending on all of our schedules, we'll be having a mini reunion soon. I can't wait for that either!

I wish I could elaborate on this whole issue, but too many people who are connected to the family and people involved read this. I'll leave it at that.

Lets just say, its great getting back to work!

No comments: