Sunday, July 19, 2009

Nice weekend...


DH and I spent the weekend in Hilton Head, SC. Its a small island, 2 miles X 10 miles, with nice beaches, nice shopping, and nice restaurants. One of those restaurants happens to be called One Hot Mama's.

OHM is a biker/garage themed restaurant and bar. Everything in this place is cool, from the Harley Davidson ceiling fans, to the ghost flames on the door handles. The diamond plate steel on the tables, covered in thick clear coat (no need for a bumpy table posed to spill your drink on). The waiters/waitresses wear the traditional blue stripped mechanics shirt with jeans, each with their name on a patch over the right breast. When you get your eating utensils, you get a hefty set, nothing wimpy here! And the food? HA! I don't know when I've had a better omelet, other than my own (all from organic food I've grown myself). The fruit was so fresh I swear it was just picked, and the other items on the brunch buffet were even better than I imagined. I will definitely have it on my 'places to return' list.

The beach on Hilton Head Island was nice. Not the sugar white sands of the Gulf Coast mind you, but way better than the shit sand on the beaches of NC.


Anyway, after enjoying the sun and sand for a few hours, and getting thoroughly sunburned on my chest (no other part of my body, mainly my legs) seems to want to take sun, we went over to the mini-golf games. Taking the 'challenging' course, we played through a light rain. However, being surrounded by trees through the entire course, we barely felt a drop. It waqs a good time, and of course, I lost! LOL

We also enjoyed some shopping, and I was able to find the Ed Hardy flip flops I've been wanting. Both in white and black.


I was also able to find this awsome skirt

so all I need to do is find some solid color shirts to go with it.

All in all, it was an awsome weekend! I really love hanging at the beach, as long as its a good one! :D

I do want to send my thoughts out to my dear friend Jayne. Sweety, I know this is a hard time, and your nerves are shot, but try to see through! Its always darkest before the light.....things will work out, I just know they will!!!! Love you hun!!!! xoxox



1 comment:

Jayne said...

Thanks darlin'. As I write, Hubs has been told that because he has accepted an offer from the SA office of the firm that retrenched him here, he won't be getting his 2mths notice salary! I'm at my wits end right now.