Sunday, July 26, 2009

Humans are gross, and so is Montgomery, AL

As you can tell, I'm here in Montgomery, AL. I am disgusted. I am disheartened. I am hoping it will be a long time before I have to come back here.

Every mall we've been to has things chained down, or taken away. Hell, the largest mall in the city is completely abandoned. Here at the Ramada Inn that we are staying at, the carpets haven't been vacuumed in years...the hall carpet is black. The entry doors have been broken into so many times, they don't even lock them anymore. The toilet in our room won't stop running, and there is but one trash can in the room. The maid (which is 2 dudes) left their one bottle of cleaning solution and a rag in our room. Not sure what they used for everyone elses.

Today, we had to sit in the lobby while waiting on our room to be cleaned (it was well after 3pm) and here is what I witnessed:

---One man, who while talking on the phone, shoved his hand into his pants (and underwear) and proceeded to scratch for an extended period of time. He looked right at me while doing this, then turned to face the wall. At that time, he pulled his hand out of his pants, and promptly smelled his fingers while picking his nose. Whatever the result of that action was, he immediately wiped on the wall, counter and anything else he touched while waiting for the front desk clerk to assist him. He handed her money with the same hand. (barf)

---Another young boy, who was wearing slippers that were way too small for him, was perusing the lobby and the remnants of breakfast. Mind you, this was only the cereal dispenser and coffee. After he had his hands (yes, that was plural) down his pants, he ran them along the food counter, and touched the handles of the cereal dispenser. He noticed me staring at him, so he turned and left.

---This morning, there was a woman who was wearing the same dress as yesterday morning, and boy did she smell! I witness her later walking out of her room into someone else's with an empty bottle of an unknown brand of liquor.

I have also been subjected to other acts of humans, and quite frankly, we are a really disgusting bunch. More examples:

---In a public mall restroom, someone decided not only to shit in the toilet, but not flush. They then unrolled an entire roll of toilet paper onto the floor....none of which hit the mark.

---Other restroom fiascos have been used feminine hygene products dropped onto the floor, nowhere near the trash; poop and pee on the seats, soap despensers have been emptied onto the counter, paper towels dropped onto the floor not near the trash, etc.

Will someone please tell me....do they do this at home? The sad part is...most of these things are in the high end areas!!!

Something else I want to know.....If a particular neighborhood/area goes downhill, people and businesses move elsewhere, do you think the people who caused this to happen realize it was them? Somehow I doubt it. They destroy an area's value, run out the businesses, then when their job is done, they move to another place, and another. They are leaving a path of destruction in their wake.

I've fought for me country, saluted the flag, made the pledge and given my allegiance to the USA....but some days, I really want to leave.

2 comments:

Jayne said...

The whole post has left me thinking; Eeeeeeewwww!!!
I could understand if this was 3rd world Africa, but knowing it's the USA leaves a crappy impression!

BTW hon, I'll be doing a post tonight, which will be my last for a while (I think) & it'll be pretty staunch. My battery has been well & truly pissed on, to the tune of $20,000.

HD Chic said...

Oh Jayne! I am soooo sorry! *sigh* Sometimes life throws major curve balls, but I know you and the hubs are smart and strong enough to handle it! I'm always here if you need me!