Sunday, July 5, 2009

Stupid people....

We've all encountered our share. People that do or say things that make you stand in complete bewilderment, wondering ....WTF? I run into those everyday with my job. Here are but a few examples:

**Sign on door to trailer says "PLEASE DO NOT KNOCK, TESTING IN PROGRESS"....sign is posted right near the door handle. Every day, someone will....you guessed it...KNOCK. Usually right on the sign!!!! Or, they rattle the door handle!!! WHY?????

**Signs all over the inside of each booth and the trailer "TURN OFF CELL PHONES"....I even tell them "Make sure your phone, pager, or walkie-talkie is OFF" and Iget the "Why?" or "What if I get a call?" ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I can't even go into this without getting my blood pressure up.

**Picture on the wall where the headset hangs, showing the red earphone on the right side, the blue one on the left. Inveribly I get "Which one goes on what ear?" or "Does it matter how I put these on?" This usually comes right in the middle of my instructional speech. I reply, without even a pause to acknowledge the oh-so-rude interruption "The red one goes on your nose, the blue one on the back of your head, just like the PICTURE shows. " And I continue on as if their complete ignorance and rudeness never phased me.

**There is a small window in each door. I love it when we are testing and someone's face is mashed against one of them, and they are waving their paperwork wanting to come in....WHILE WE ARE TESTING!!!!

** I love this one "Can I switch headphones? Put the red one on the left ear? I can't hear out of my right ear, so this way I can pass this test." OMFG, SERIOUSLY??????

So you see, stupid people abound in not only your job, but mine. *sigh* Anymore, I just laugh and shake my head. I could post so many more comments/actions of stupid people I run into several times a day, but you get the point. I'm sure you have your share, too, so feel free to add to my list!! :)


No comments: