Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Where to start today's blog? Well, lets see...

My allergies are kicking my ass. The ditches around here haven't been mowed (typically the BIL's job), and that grass along with the pasture grass is going to seed, which means I have to stay inside until it dissipates. That sucks.

DH came home last night, and is still home waiting on dispatch to call and tell him where he'll be going next. That sucks, too, because sitting here doesn't make us a dime. In the meantime, he put up some more hot wire and expanded the pasture for Royalty a bit. Some of the grass adjacent to her pasture has grown up and gone to seed as well, and she needs to get in there and eat it down. So her and Bonnie the goat are working on it. He also raked up a shitload of mown grass so Royalty can have some when she gets the other eaten down. I went out and helped, but it made my allergies worse, plus walking in that tall grass for some reason got my legs to itching bad (I was wearing shorts). So, I had to come inside and wash. ugh. I feel bad sitting in here, but I can't go out. I have a big red blister on the end of my nose from blowing so much.

I've currently got a loaf of bread rising in the oven. It still has 20 minutes on this rise, I punch it down and let it rise again for another hour, then bake for 40. I could be working on the quilt, but I'm not ready yet. I'd like to stop sneezing before working around needles.

Oh, and I found out something this morning......if anyone recalls, the girl who claimed to be my best friend basically ditched me because, as she said "You don't have the same belief in God that I do, so I can't be your friend". Well, now she is telling people that I dumped HER because I didn't like the fact that she believed in God. Really? That's crazy, since I supported her beliefs, listened when she spoke about church and Sunday school, etc. I never once condemned her for it, never once told her she was stupid, crazy, or a fanatic. I never said a word. Why would I? Its not my place to tell her these things, and who am I to judge her? So, here we are, another person, claiming to be a "Christian", not only using their religion as an excuse, but hiding behind it as well. Fucking hypocrites. Just like DH's sister. Claiming to be all about "Christian" and god and whatever. The whole time judging him for something he did over 25 years ago. Holding that over him, being fake to his face, claiming one thing and doing another. Same as every other "God fearing" person. Hell, (haha) even the Bible contradicts itself. But thats another rant.

So what else? Well, we're still on the hunt for land. We'd really like to find one with some sort of building on it. Something to provide temporary shelter until we get the cob house built. We need to find it fast, as we want to be outta here by the end of July. Will it happen? No idea, but I'm hoping.

In other news, sometime around 12 June I should have kits. What are kits? Baby bunnies. Rabbits don't have litters, they "kindle" and their babies are called kits. My son will be here on 13 June, staying for 2 weeks. Maybe he'll get to see the kits.

I guess thats all for now. Time to go punch the bread......

No comments: