Monday, May 31, 2010

Went to my stepson's graduation yesterday. I was so relieved that he actually received his diploma! He did so poorly in school, it was a real hit and miss when it came to graduating. The really screwed up part was that his own mother didn't even bother to show up on time, ended up standing in the back, and didn't get any pictures. Pretty fucking sad. On top of all that, we get to their house for the "party" afterward, and its a damn filthy pit. trash on the floor, dog hair (chunks of it from their huskies) on every piece of furniture, every inch of floor. Supposedly, his mom had "spent all morning cooking" and it still wasn't ready. Ok, there was NOTHING that required all morning cooking. The only real cooking that was done was on the grill, burgers and hot dogs. The rest was finger food. The bad part of that was the fact that she didn't wash any of it. I had some of the veggies, and they were horrible, tasting like the chemicals it was packed in. Then, I stood in horror as I watched her smash trash down in a bag, then grab a ziploc of watermelon and with the same trashy hand get it out of the bag and put it on a tray. BLECK!!!

Now lets talk about the in-laws. Sadly we all rode together for the 3 hour drive up and back. The ride up wasn't bad, but the ride back was unbelievable. My MIL was trying to extract info about my niece and her "love life", and then she started on my dear cousin, who is gay.

"I just feel so sorry for him"......WTF??? DH asked "Why? What is there to feel sorry about?".....she sighed, contemplated her answer and then replied "Well, you know, he's just going to have a hard life."......I said "Just because he is gay, doesn't mean his life is hard. He is doing great, and is loving his life.".....FIL said "Well, he has a good enough personality I think he'll be fine.".....then, out of the blue, MIL asked "Is he permiscuous?"...EXCUSE ME???? Seriously?? First I wanted to ask why she cared, then I decided I'd just keep my mouth shut. All I said was "He is happy being single, so no, he doesn't have a boyfriend." I put a lot of emphasis on "boyfriend" and that seemed to shut everyone up. She is so narrow minded, and it drives me nuts. All she says is "I pray everyday that he gets over this phase".....PHASE?? Really? OMFG are you kidding me??? HA!! Oh, I feel sad for all the narrow minded people out there. I really do, because not only are they making themselves look completely ignorant, they are missing out on so many good people and good things. Truly sad.

I could go on and on about my stepson's horrible living conditions, and my in-law's narrowmindedness. But I'll end here.

Thank you to all the Veterans both past and present for their service. Its because of your efforts that we still enjoy our freedom today. Thank you.

No comments: