Friday, January 25, 2008

Ann Rice

Many people have read her works, many have not. Its not their thing, I guess. Me? Its totally my thing. I love her writing. No, I'm not new to her...I've read all of the Vampire Chronicles, Pandora, and all about The Mayfair Witches. I have not read her newest works, nor have I read any of the "new" vampire chronicles. But I love to read the old stuff.

She makes you fall in love with the vampire. Its like the whole "drinking blood" part is a minor character flaw, but the overall perception is of beauty, and awsome power. Her descriptions do get a bit carried away, but overall I love to read whatever she has written. She makes me want to be her characters, or at least meet them!

I'm sure that sounds completely evil and appauling to some..how could you want to be a vampire? All I can say is read her books, and you will too. Now, am I a fan of Lestat? Of course!! Do I love him as a character? Yes! He is charming, sexy, caring, brutal,controlling, evil (if you believe in that), and a liar.....he is a brat that never grew up, despite his 2,000 years of "life"! How can you not like him? Truth is, I love all of the vampires in her books. They are all appealing in their own way, and if the possibility existed that they were real, I would do everything in my power to at least get a glimpse of one of them.

But I must settle for the novels. I am currently going through the Chronicles again, just starting Memnoch The Devil. I can't count the number of times I have read them all...too numerous to keep track. I go through phases, reading different styles/authors. I was into Stephen King forever, and still enjoy reading him immensly. I then got into Ann Rice, then into Dean Koontz....Brother Odd, & Odd Thomas being my 2 favorites. I am also a HUGE fan of J.K. Rowling, (Harry Potter) as are many people. I have read all the books (at least twice, some more)and own all of the movies.

I guess its a total facination with the existance of another world. One that only certain people are privvy to, or who are the unfortunate ones who stumble into it. I don't know. All I know is that Ann Rice rocks, and I will continue to re-read her works until I can no longer see the words!!

No comments: